quarta-feira, 29 de junho de 2011

Rasa Nights, Buzios, Brazil.

Digital photography still is very much criticized by professional photographers, specially the ones still using analog equipment. I have a lot of simpathy for them, I still have my grand father,s Rolley Flex and dream of being able to use it some day.
In a time when photos taken on cell phones are being used to make art and a famous british painter is using his Ipad do produce his works, Digital Art should not be seen as, or compared to Photography. The works below I consider as Paintings, the only diference is that I used my computer and a digital camera to obtain the results I wanted. Even though I mostly used mechanical instruments to obtain determined exposures and lens distortions, I don’t mind using a digital effect to make an image.
 They can be printed in Canvases up to 60 x 40 cm and the photos below are low resolution, the actual works will have a high resolution of 300 dpi.
Rasa is the name of the neighborhood I live in the village of Buzios. Its not a place where tourists or the bourgeoisie goes, which gives me a clean image and I can work more freely. The people who live here are decendents from slaves and they are very beautiful, I am preparing a work with them that will soon be posted here...

Passeio no Dennys
Fisherman
Rasa at Night
Joyce and Ursula

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário